Saturday, July 24, 2010

my capo's stuck--interpretation

Dear reader,

This is one of my more nonsensical songs, which I derive much farsical pleasure from. Spongebob happens to be one of my favorite television shows and when I wrote it my little sister and Austin were insisting on watching Phinneas and Ferb..... now, I'm a lover and not a fighter so what do I do.... I write a song about it (haha). Silly pacifistic me would on any other occasion wage war for the remote control, but this time I used a different outlet for my negative energy.

So there the song started off, me thinking about Spongebob... then I tried to express how this subject could be broadened and made more applicable. I went for the making a fable/parable/proverb approach. When I realized (in the second verse) that I was failing miserably, I decided that I would take an easier route. I then proceeded to allow rhyming words and patterns to contagiously make their way through my imagination and into my song.

I wrote this on July 8, 2009 oringially in the key of F. It's in common time, tempo around 115. Writing it turned my day right around, so the exact thing the song professed was proved. As silly as it sounds in retrospect "rainstorms never last." haha

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment