Saturday, July 24, 2010

postcards from spain--interpretation

Dear reader,

As the song begins, so was my experience at the time: far from home and spending each night on a sinking air matress. It really wasn't that bad. I was staying in Milton, England with my great aunt and uncle, who really aren't old and hardly qualify as being generation-grandparents.

I'll continue... at their house, I was having quite a rubbish holiday until I decided I'd let myself have a good time. All experience is subjective and attitude basically defines your expereince. This is when I realized that I really didn't have it half-bad and despite any adverse happenstance I was going to have a great vacation, which in the end, I did.

As for the actual song, it's a theological song with deep meaning--at least I think so. It's been cliched that humans are citizens of heaven renting fleshly vessels, which they will return to the earth and upgrade when they've finished their holiday called life. (This plays part in the "making your mind up you'll have a good holiday" quite nicely). But sometimes, especially when you're feeling under the weather, you feel like you aren't at home. For such times, there are such sweet reminders that we are not only not alone, but also that God makes His very dwelling place in us!

1 John 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit (NIV). Take a very serious thought about that!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment