Thursday, September 23, 2010

a midsummer's night's realization--interpretation

Dear Reader,

This was I, prior to college, prior to a lot of living and learning. This was I, the summer before freshman year at college when times were sweet and my load was easy. Really, things changed a lot when I went to college and I started to realize that life is a little bit hard and things do take a little bit of work in order to succeed. This was a first real sort of relationship, or strong friendship I ever had. This was my first kiss and my first time holding hands in bliss. I was not nervous, but rather I was confident with her; life honestly revolved around our strong bond that we shared.

I guess this is all to say that we both fell in love fast and hard. It was hard saying goodbye, because every time we said hello something beautiful happened. She had a simple soul and I liked that. The complication sorrounding relationship wasn't there; our families were friends (although my mom didn't like that I liked her and there was a tension being Austin liked her too) and things just went well. That's why my lyrics were so simple--because, really, we were simple people. I learned a lot about what true love is after I left for school. For a while, I made the efforts to keep in touch and I stayed on the phone for hours sometimes when she had a bad day. I guess I learned how to treat somebody even when you don't see them any more. And even though my song says, "our epilogue will soon be through, " we still talk (not very often) regardless that the strong feelings have died down. She's had a few boyfriends since and that's cool. I'm happy for her :). I know that when I find my true love, she'll be ecstatic for me too!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment