Tuesday, September 7, 2010

shmantor--interpretation

Dear reader,

The setting of this mystical, fantastical walk is not far from home. At college, this very walk took place in the woods/around campus. It was a walk that really changed my perspective regarding a girl.

One night, during finals, she and I took a stroll to help minimize stress and alleviate potential pent-up energy explosions. It was purely fun; we climbed a few roofs (which is totally against the rules) and we were almost caught! However, what I believe to be the most shocking part of this night is really seeing this girl let loose, I suppose. She is a little bit of a worrier and tries to be very "proper" in everything she does. However we climbed trees and stayed up almost all night together. We're just friends, but this here walk (which I narrate in this song) brought us much closer together as friends; such that a few awkward exchanged glances ensued in the days to come. We didn't fall in love (in case anyone's wondering) , and hey, that's sometimes a good thing... especially when neither she nor I were ready for it.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment