Saturday, July 24, 2010

a solemn ode--interpretation

Dear reader,

This is actually a two part song written over the course of eight months. Really it took only two days to write, just the two days were separated by an eight month gap and the two joint parts had different inspiration.

It's funny how fickle a human can be. Anyone who keeps a diary of any sort knows that he/she is not the most intelligent creature, or at least wasn't always. Writing songs has helped me realize that I can't really follow my heart and let it lead me in important decisions beacuse it is so double (if not triple etc.) minded and ever changing. Now I like to think that I am wiser that I used to be, but I thought the same thing a year ago (when the evidence (my diary) shows I wasn't). At least I am wise enough now to not chase rainbows.

This song really talks about coming to a decision, a hard one that you really don't want to see through. Like breaking up with someone: it's easy to have a conversation with your best friend and decide that it's best to break up with someone you're truly in love with but when you come face-to-face with him/her, it's suddenly comlicated again. And so time just moves along. In this song, or at least the second half which has the main story, there was something I wanted to say to a girl and every time I went to say it she'd say something first. After we'd finish, I'd either walk away or watch her walk away thinking 'next time.'

Eventually we did end up talking and everything was worked out. No more confusion, closure at last, restful sleep again, haha.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment